In our day and age it is common to hear about women complaining about dysmenorrhea, fertility problems, endometriosis, PCOS, and PMS. It’s some sort of cosmic joke that women are gonna bitch about, this, are gonna be moody about this and are going to demand dark chocolate.
I am one who will never decline dark chocolate.
But let’s talk about the deeper meaning of all of this. What does this all mean in a deep psycho-spiritual level.
Menstruation is part of our Fertility Cycle. Birth and Rebirth.
There are holistic health practitioners who specialize in onverexplaining these rhythms. How our ovulation is like the moon, that goes through phases of waxing and waning. Thickening of the luteruem lining, and the thinning of it. Where you bleed and where you both metaphorically let that bad blood go.
Now this is all fine and dandy in terms of getting metaphysical meanings. BUT HOW DO YOU FIX IT ?? WHERE IS THE PAIN COMING FROM, AND WHY DOES IT SEEM SO UNIVERSAL.
I have two theories.
One. is that we’re carry all the residual momentum and karma of the lack of feminine energy in our collective reality. thus the rise of feminism and birth complications. thus mama earth, having a difficult time keeping up with all our yang-like cities.
Two. we have this excess ‘birthing’ energies that aren’t properly converted since we don’t have internal body practices to convert them.
I want to talk about how to deal with it using the second one.
Since as above so below. What internal healing we bring about in ourselves relfects to our outer world. If you can calm your inner raging menstruation, you have brought a shining shimmering beam of light in this world, you mother.
For a technical explanation of this I would like to refer to a book in my library called ‘cultivating female sexual energy’ for people who want to go deep diving into this. For a brief but super impactful summary, read on:
- We’ve all got primordial energy. One of the most potent energies in our ovaries, literal eggs that are the potential of literal New Life.
- In traditional chinese energy arts, this energy is converted up our spine , into our organs, other chakras and so forth to be used for Higher awareness.
- Thought directs energy, use meditation to consciously circulate this locked potential up your energy body.
- Warm up your sexual organs. Use chi from your hands to literally rub, or actually visualize a warming up of your ‘stove’. If you practice you can actually feel the actual location of your ovaries and actually massage it- sounds crazy. But hey it works.
- Hold that pool of energy. In the case of preexisting pain, just hold that pain like a big ball of bad waiting to be converted into the elixir of life. Shoot it into your tailbone, your ‘sacrum’. This is the very tip of your spine that has a natural built-in pump to work that energy upwards. Have a strong intention of it to go there.
- Assist and feel that energy work up your spine. Stop and focus at energy points that feel blocked and be patient with yourself. If anything feels suddenly amazing, just bask in that, your organs are thanking you. Make it up to the tip of your head then proceed downwards into your belly. Put your tongue to the roof of your mouth when proceeding from your forehead to your neck. Feel and imagine successive fountains filling into your heart and down to your belly.
Finally: see the energy swirl there (the dan tien) and see it crystallize in the most amazing small pearl. Keep running this cycle until the pain goes away and keep doing this in your free time, while waiting in traffic or paying your bills.
I 100% guarantee your PMS symptoms will decrease if you do it right. And if your PMS symptoms ever do return you’ll be so self-aware and in-tune with your energetic imbalances you already know what caused you to stress yourself out. This is best done theoretically during your ovulation period (right after your mens) as this is when new eggs are formed. But hell – just do this every chance you get.
Consider this as my gift as one woman to another.
You don’t have to let your PMS control your life. You’re like a surfer in the ocean, we may get choppy waves but we know how to ride it. It’s not a life sentence. YOU CAN DO THIS.
I’ll always be here,